Installations Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLYING TO ONSITE INSTALLATION OF ALARM/CCTV/ EFTPOS/POS/ACCESS CONTROL/AUTOMATION GEAR
Herein contained are the terms and conditions of Onsite installation /service/repair, and monitoring of said systems stated above.
"Customer" shall be used to identify name of Subscriber affixed to face of Contract and "Company" shall apply to Bharthi Traders Ltd t/a ACPonline
- Installation: Company agrees to install the equipment listed in a workmanlike manner in accordance with the following conditions:
- Customer understands that the installation will necessitate drilling into various parts of the premises. Company intends generally to conceal wiring in the finished areas of the premises, however, there may be areas in which due to construction, decoration or furnishing of the premises, Company determines, in its sole discretion that it would be impractical to conceal the wiring and in such cases, wire will be exposed.
- Customer agrees to provide 240 AC electrical outlets at the designated locations for equipment requiring AC power.
- Customer agrees to provide for any lifting equipment and civil works not covered by the company’s schedule or proposal for works.Customer understands that installation requires drilling holes in interior and exterior walls.
- Company limits its liability to the patching of said holes
- Company cannot be responsible for providing paint or wall coverings to match those colours or coverings existing within Customer's premises. This also includes and is not limited to PVC capping, conduits and saddles.
- All work carried out onsite will be weather dependant. Expected time of completion can vary if weather conditions are not favourable for the installation. ACPonline will not allow any unsafe work practices to proceed if it think's that there contractors and staff lives and wellbeing are at risk.
- ACPonline will only recommend and install equipment and its accessories in location where it professionally sees fit. Any modification to proposed/installed hardware, installation/installed area as requested by customer will be dealt by on case to case basis in a professional and ethical manner by the company. Customers will be liable to pay for such modifications.
- All dynamic domain names issued by ACPonline are specifically for use wiith ACPonline supplied hardware. All dynamic domains names are provided to the clients for free for the first 12 months from date of install or unless stated in writing otherwise. After the 12 month dynamic domains names are automatically renewed for another 12 month interval at a cost of $120 + gst to be paid by the client in full within one month of the invoice being issued. ACPonline is not liable for any service disruption what so ever due to non payment of invoice or our dynamic IP addresses are used on non approved third party hardware and/or by installers
- Title to the equipment is to remain with Company until the full purchase price is paid as stated in the quotation and/or invoice. Failure to pay the purchase price of the installed equipment when due shall give Company the right, without obligation to repossess that equipment with or without notice, and to avail itself of any legal remedy. Any costs for collection, including reasonable legal fees are at the Customer's expense.
- LIMITED WARRANTY – ALL MATERIALS, EQUIPMENT AND LABOUR USED ARE COVERED BY A 30 DAY WARRANTY FOLLOWING INSTALLATION, AFTER WHICH MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT ARE ON A 12 MONTH ‘RETURN TO BASE WARRANTY’. AFTER 30 DAYS AT THE COMPANIES DISCRETION A CALLOUT FEE WILL BE APPLIED, DEPENDING ON ANY MAINTENENCE AGREEMENT IN PLACE. ALL MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT WILL BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED AT THE COMPANY'S OPTION WITH A NEW OR FUNCTIONAL OPERATIVE PART. LABOUR AND MATERIAL REQUIRED TO REPAIR OR REPLACE SUCH DEFECTIVE COMPONENTS OR TO MAKE MECHANICAL ADJUSTMENTS TO THE SYSTEM WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE FOR A PERIOD OF SIXTY (60) DAYS FOLLOWING THE COMPLETION OF THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION. THE CUSTOMER'S REMEDIES HEREUNDER AND UNDER ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS STATED ABOVE. COMPANY SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
- THE WARRANTY PRINTED ABOVE DOES NOT APPLY TO THE CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW AND IN THE EVENT CUSTOMER CALLS COMPANY FOR SERVICE UNDER THE WARRANTY AND UPON INSPECTION BY THE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE IT IS FOUND THAT ONE OF THESE CONDITIONS HAS LED TO THE INOPERABILITY OR APPARENT INOPERABILITY OF THE SYSTEM, A CHARGE WILL BE MADE FOR THE SERVICE CALL OF THE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE WHETHER OR NOT HE ACTUALLY WORKS ON THE SYSTEM. SHOULD IT ACTUALLY BE NECESSARY TO MAKE REPAIRS TO THE SYSTEM DUE TO ONE OF THE "CONDITIONS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY", CHARGE WILL BE MADE FOR SUCH WORK AT COMPANY'S THEN APPLICABLE RATES FOR LABOUR AND MATERIAL.
- Customer will not be entitled to the benefit of any warranty if any ACPonline invoices are overdue
Conditions Not Covered by Warranty:
- Damage resulting from accidents, acts of God, alteration, misuse, tampering and abuse.
- Failure of Customer to properly follow operating instructions provided by Company at time of installation.
- Trouble in leased telephone line or interruption to commercial power.
- Any fines, fees or other costs due to false alarms.
- Batteries, lamps, bulbs and other consumable items.
- Change over of network hardware or Network service provider.
- Password Lock which limits access to service equipment
- Any work carried out by, non Authorised person(s), Companie(s) to modify any part or structure of ACPonline installation.
- Errors or omissions in construction or installation of the system, including but not limited to, failure to wire any portion of the premises must be called to the attention of Company by Customer, in writing, within ten (10) calendar days of completion of installation. Upon expiration of said ten (10) days, the installation and the protection provided shall be deemed accepted by Customer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MAINTENANCE SERVICE
- This one-year contract includes all maintenance repairs, labour and equipment replacement (within the warranty period) necessary to ensure full operation of the System. The contract will not renew automatically at each anniversary until advised in writing (by email or SMS) by either party. Each renewal shall be for a minimum 12-month period. Any proposed change to the content or cost cover shall be notified prior to such anniversary. Payment is due upon presentation of invoice.
- All breakdowns received by 10am will usually be attended to same day, or within 24 hours (Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00 weather permitting but excluding weekends and public holidays). Between 17:00-09:00 Mon-Fri and 24 hours at weekends and public holidays an emergency response is available on request. For emergency response a call -out charge plus a labour charge will apply.
Level of Cover
- All call-outs between Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00 (excluding weekends and public holidays) for equipment defect (except where specified are an exclusion). Outside of the hours covered an attendance and labour rate applies. For excluded items an attendance, parts and labour rate applies at all times.
- Replacement parts for the security system caused by inherent defect without charge (within the warranty period), unless specified as excluded.
- Any repairs that are subject to exclusion that are required to be carried out shall be charged additionally.
- A 12-month warranty will apply to all new equipment installed by Bharthi Trader Ltd, or otherwise as covered by this Contract.
- Adjustment of cameras and lenses (if stated in the Quote/invoice) to maintain optimum performance. Where the camera has been supplied and installed by others, optimum performance will be limited to the capability of such equipment.
- One routine service of the system per annum (if stated in the Quote/Invoice) - report and recommendations where appropriate.
- Emergency call-out facility.
The following exclusions apply:
- Defects or alterations to the security system caused by or arising from any circumstances beyond the control of the Company. For example, fire, flood, lightning, act of God, war, civil disturbance, malicious damage, vandalism, negligence, interference, modification to the premises, misuse, or failure to operate the security system by the subscriber or any other persons. The cost of repairs or replacement due to defects of the security system caused by environmental conditions or processes not normally found at the premises or introduced after the contract start date. Bulbs, lighting elements, and lighting units are excluded and shall be chargeable.
- Malfunctions due to mains power supplies, power spikes, corruption or interruption or fluctuation or radio interference, nor the replacement of equipment damaged by such. The cost of a call -out to attend a fault or re- setting of equipment by any person other than the authorised Company. Users of time -lapse videos are required to change tapes after 10 full uses per tape and must use a replacement recommended by the Company otherwise the guarantee on the VCR might be voided due to excessive head wear.
- Internal and external cable damage either over or underground.
- The addition of any non Bharthi Traders Ltd authorised software, changing any programme settings or equipment move, replacement or addition.
- Consumable items such as lamps (infra red or otherwise) and video cassettes, DVD/CD Discs etc
- Hiring of scaffolding, hoists or other specialised climbing apparatus will be charged to the subscriber when such equipment is required. The maintenance programme assumes that all parts of the CCTV system are at such height as to be accessible safely using secured steps or ladders.
- Equipment stolen or damaged.
- The effectiveness of existing equipment supplied by others is excluded.The effectiveness and reliability of existing cabling by others is excluded.
- Resetting of cameras is excluded. The resetting of cameras to be sanctioned carried out and changed additionally.
- ISDN, BT Telephone line fault and user error.
- ASDL/SSDL broadband line fault or service outage, hard reset or modem swap over
- It is the sole responsibility of the customer to arrange insurance of the equipment specified in this quotation against theft or damage.
- If hired the system must be returned in a clean, serviceable and working condition.
- If any ACPonline invoices are overdue.
- Password Lock which limits access to service equipment